Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Viva Las Vegas Part 2

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Our second day of Vegas was spent eating, shopping and relaxing!  We decided to attend another show  this evening.  To show the boys that we are as old as they think we are (Did I just say Mike and I were old?) We lined up an evening with Rod Stewart at the legendary Colosseum at Caesars Palace.  We started our day eating brunch at The Cheesecake Factory, then we did a little shopping at the four story Nike store.  Mike and the boys then headed to Camping World and I embarked on a four hour shopping tour.  I hit several of my favorites, including the Coca Cola store!









Before I knew it, it was time to head back to the RV to get ready for the Rod Stewart concert.  Mike and I had played some of his songs for the boys so they would be familiar with his music.  We were all starting to get a little excited about seeing such an iconic music figure!  To my surprise, I knew almost every song he sang AND knew almost all the words to every song he sang.  He had many costume changes and a wonderful back-up band, complete with a harp, trumpet and alto saxophone. We were also treated to a performance by his daughter Ruby.  It was one of the most incredible concerts I have attended!  I really appreciate the fact that my mom and dad introduced me to a variety of music at a young age.  Many of the songs reminded me of different times in my childhood.  I love how music can bring you right back to that moment in time!











Rod's daughter,  Ruby



Rod's daughter




No comments:

Post a Comment