Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jeeping it in Moab!

A full moon followed us on our route to Moab!  It was breathtaking!  We truly enjoyed the seven hour drive from Denver to Moab and arrived safely in Moab at around 11pm.




Tuesday, July 23

After a slow start to our morning, we drove the jeep to Slick Rock in Moab.  We spent the entire afternoon "jeeping it" on a trail called "Hell's Revenge".  Before we began, Mike and the boys had to let a little pressure out of the tires.  (That should have been my first clue that this was not going to be a simple drive down the highway.)  After the first few "hills and rocks" under our tires, my heart rate started to slow down and I started to relax a bit.  To decrease the odds a tad, I offered to be the official photographer and videographer for the climbs deemed "the best photo-ops"!
The view was breath-taking, the weather hot but beautiful and the memories made were priceless! I didn't see any scorpions or snakes, only lizards and ground squirrels, so I declared the day a success! And, we all made it back in one piece! (including the jeep!)

Here are a few videos so that you can also experience some of the action!!









People drive on these things?


I swear, this one felt like a ride at Disney World! 





The Colorado River

This looks scarier than it really was!









A Little Yoga in the Desert!



Even Tanner got in on the yoga!



I love this picture!

Do we have to go down?

Let's just stay here for a while!




Mike, Tanner and I hiked up to this cave at the top of the hill.

inside the cave
The view looking outside of the cave

Tomorrow's adventure:  Arches National Park and Chicken Corners?





No comments:

Post a Comment